Sunday, July 12, 2009

Trip to BC! Part One...

Some of you may remember that I took off at the end of May for a little vacation - I had so much fun visiting a dear friend and seeing a part of the country I've never been to before....

Prepare yourself for a whole lot of images....I took so many photos that the plan is to break the trip up into a number of posts over the next week.

After arriving (first thing in the morning, I might add - you don't even want to know what time I had to leave Toronto....), we took the Sea Bus over to North Vancouver, where I took some time to explore.

One of the things I loved most on this trip was the fact that I was constantly surrounded by water. I found it so relaxing to be able to wander the waterfronts and harbours.


I was also jealous of the amazing fresh produce - residents of the Toronto area, you don't even want to know how cheap seafood is out here.
This market had quite possibly the best trashcans I've ever seen.
I then headed back to the city and set off for Granville Island. On the way, the fisherman's market caught my eye. Clearly I am a sucker for public food sales.



People would wander down the docks and buy fresh seafood right off the boats.
Finally I managed to make it over to my intended destination.
Granville Island is just beautiful - full of more markets, artisans shops, and gorgeous artwork. Literally everywhere I looked there was something interesting!



Oh, how I would love to someday do a wedding or engagement shoot around here!
Next stop - Vancouver Island and Victoria!

10 comments:

Julie Clegg said...

Wow, these are great! Now I definitely want to get up to BC to take some shots. Beautiful place! Great work!

Schona Kessler Photography said...

I agree these are great! I am not a seafood person but love all the colorful shots!

Britt Anderson said...

I would love to have some of that seafood! I love fresh seafood!!! Great shots, so fun!

Legacy Portraits said...

These are very cool! Love the shrimp pictures!! Great work!

Katherine said...

Awesome. Love the color. These images make me feel like I'm standing right there taking it all in with you.

EC said...

Beautiful!!! I want to go!!!

Mel Chern said...

Great images, love the lobster detail shot. Great colors!!!

Tyjuana Hill-Smith said...

Yum...seafood!!! Great job on these!

Shannon Kelley said...

Love these!! What a fun trip! I'm a sucker for markets too so I'm drooling down here:)

Mary said...

That area is so gorgeous - love the colors and perspectives that you captured. Yum shrimp! And love that yummy blue green in the last shot.